NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried Lynn yesterday since I had the day off. I fished for about 2 hours with only one dink on a Senko to show for it so I switched spots after hearing Spidey was really showing me up catching about 6 in half the time I'd been out there. After about another hour I finally got another one about 2 lbs. It was getting really dark, but I decided to try one more spot that was near my car. I was using a rat-l-trap and this fish absolutely nails it. She is pulling drag and she made three strong runs before I finally brought her to shore. None of the pictures with me in it turned out b/c it was so dark, and I didn't want to keep her out of the water any longer than I had to. I had one pic that turned out pretty well. She was right at 23", and she was definitely heavier than the nice one I caught last week. I would guess she was in the 6.5-7 lb neighborhood...unfortunately, my scale still wasn't fixed from its swim last week so I don't have an exact weight.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,787 Posts
That's quite a pig. Nice catch!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
My big one yeaterday was also 23 inches but a tad skinnier, I has a bad eye and I think I have caught it a few times before. Anyways from the picture I will vote 6 but hard to tell the girth which could drive it toward 6.5 for sure. BTW Great job now get a 3/4 oz red eye shad and you will get that 8 pounder!!! frat l trap,is a great lure just fish the red eye with a higher tip than your doing the trap at. What color rat l trap did ya use not sure it mattered I the dark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.