NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was only able to hit the lake for an hour today but glad I did. Worked a crank for,first 30 minutes and managed to foul hook a 2 pounding bass. Nice fight thought it was bigger but the fouls hooked usually do.

Decided for last 30 minutes to,work a senko Texas rigged. About fifth cast notice a tiny bump and than noticed line started tightening and moving toward deeper water. agave it a rip and fish went airborne early on. I knew I had a nice sized fish on. Fish jumped a few more times and finally landed this nice five pounder ok it was 4.91

Two cats later landed another 2 ish pounder. It had to call it a day. one of my buddies may write a report about the big one he got no scale but clearly personal best.

Good to see big girls starting to bite versus the dinks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good deal bud. now I see why you keep track of fish over 4 instead of over 5.... ;)
Yeah but I still have more 5+ than you do :D. I know now that you work full time less time to fish. Gonna hit lake for a good three hours today I am encouraged based on what my buddies did yesterday as well.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well today yielded one three pounder on senkoe. cranked about 1:30 and plastics for 1:30 Oh well some days its hot other not but at least didn't get a skunking

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one three pounder ain't a bad day. no skunk and a beautiful day.

Darrell
I agree Darrel I liked three fish in one hour yesterday than one in three but heck I did better than my other buddies that all goth the skunk. Once again no tap tap bite just noticed line moving slowly and bam set the hook. I did miss one on a crank wasn't sure if I jad snagged something so didn't give a big rip but realized it was a fish to late for a hook set. It was a great day to be outside, most days are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.