NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Lake Mackintosh Easter weekend. Spent most of my time paddling but, I did do some fishing with no luck. I spotted a hawk (I think a sharp shinned) and was able to ease up to within about 15 feet of the bird. I took about 40 pics of him. I also got to try out my new seat. I retro fitted a Heritage seat in my tarpon...much more comfortable. I'll post a pic of that too.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Wow, what a pretty bird... Thats cool the he let you get that close...

Who traded you the seat out of their Heritage??

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wellll, lets just say I have a great boss. I work at Get:Outdoors in Greensboro. I just installed the seat like it is installed on a Manta Ray. Thanks to Canon, the pics turned out good. I just got the camera for Christmas. I am not very good with technology and this thing is very easy to use, its a Canon S5 IS. It also takes great video. I definitely recommend the camera.

Another thing! If any of you guys live around Chapel Hill, University Lake looks like quite a promising place. It does not allow power boats and the lake has great cover for bait and small fish. Here's a pic of some nice bass me and Dalton got. We were fishing from a john boat though. From left to right its 3 lbs, 4lbs 14oz and 5 lbs 6 oz. I also had two other fish that together were 2 lbs. They were all released, we had them in live wells for the tournament. I definitely recommend the lake for kayak fishing though. An angler from the Bass Pack had a 7.5 lber that day as well.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Lookin' Good!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.