NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried looking on-line at Kerr state rec. area and got some info, but their 11 recreation sites have #'s but no info to tell you which park is which.
So i read Kerr has a gate fee of $5, do you have to pay another $5 to use the ramp ?
I guess a road trip is in order to find and become familiar with the area and look for a bait shop, eat place, etc.
Back to my ? on maps... looking for detailed lake maps, ( Kerr, Falls, Harris )... any that you would buy again... thanks

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
GMCO Maps & Charts In my opinion these are absolutely the best maps available "hands down" of any location you may need.

Reactions: Slowriser

·
Registered
840 Posts
tried looking on-line at Kerr state rec. area and got some info, but their 11 recreation sites have #'s but no info to tell you which park is which.
So i read Kerr has a gate fee of $5, do you have to pay another $5 to use the ramp ?
I guess a road trip is in order to find and become familiar with the area and look for a bait shop, eat place, etc.
Back to my ? on maps... looking for detailed lake maps, ( Kerr, Falls, Harris )... any that you would buy again... thanks
The website that Sundrop has listed have great maps. As far as the entrance fee, they are charged at all the reservoirs (Falls, Kerr and Jordan) on all weekends and holidays in April, May and September, and every day Memorial Day to Labor Day. You do have to pay the fee to launch a boat or use any other facilities in the park.

·
Registered
575 Posts
On Kerr, you will have to pay the $5 fee to launch a boat during the summer season if the boat ramp is inside the state rec. area. (not all are) This time of year, (off season) they do not man the booths so launching is free. Being kinda cheap, during the summer season, I use the wildlife launches that are located outside the state rec. areas to avoid paying the fee. County Line Park boat ramp is one that is located outside the park and I think Flemmingtown is the same. Kimballs Point, Satterwhite Point, and Nutbush ramps are all inside state rec. areas. I'm not familiar enough with the state rec. areas accessable on NC 39 to know about them.

At last check, one of the Nutbush ramps was closed due to low water. As far as I know, the rest are open, but I'd recommend identifying where the "end of ramp" is located before launching. Some of the ramps at the same site are longer than others.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ghost,

Bait shops - One at corner of NC 39 and Nutbush Rd. Another at the corner of Nutbush Rd. and Satterwhite Point road. Only two I am familiar with.

Restaurants - Lots at the Dabney Dr. exit before you get to the lake exits. Also, I believe there is a restaurant going up NC 39 (Gerry's?). Never eaten there.

If you need any specifics, send me a PM. Kerr is my home waters and I'll do my best.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just keep in mind that the WRC ramps are NOT patrolled very often. I receive many bulletins every year from WRC and Wake Sheriff's Office of vehicle break-ins at the Falls Lake area WRC ramps (and WRC fishing accesses!). Not trying to scare anyone to use the park ramps, but just be very cautious and do not leave valuables within eye sight.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hello Ghost,
Never thought I'd say that. Anyway, the Flemmingtown rd WRC is a good landing. Turn off I85 North at Flemming Rd. It goes way around to a stop sign, there's a station on the left, turn right and it loops back under the interstate. Just stay on it, until you see water and a turn to the right almost to the end of the road. "Slowly" go into the woods along a very narrow and winding road. It opens up into a large parking area, with three ramps. One is a floater I believe. Anyway, when you put in, go West and it takes you out towards Satterwhite Point and the main body of water. Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.