NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you guys have fished lake Michael in Mebane??? Every time I go I seem to get a few dinks, even though my last trip (Saturday) resulted in spotting an estimated 2 lb largemouth...

On a second note has anyone fished Cammack and Mackintosh and any recommended spots???

Thanks & Tight Lines,

Adam

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, i slay fish in overfished ponds but in lake michael i could never find many fish probably because there is hardly any! Lol. I live right near cammack and mackintosh and Ive heard they are both great fisheries so I will probably fish one of them this saturday. Will do a report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Never fished Michael, but Mackintosh is a first rate lake. Cammack is great for numbers and like Nat's Dad said, give Michie a try too.

Can't give specifics on fishing spots, I don't have any. Just fish the seasonal patterns and you should do fine.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I have heard for summer at the Mack it's all about finding the ledges. Lake Reidsville does have some nice bass in it as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I was wondering if any of you guys have fished lake Michael in Mebane??? Every time I go I seem to get a few dinks, even though my last trip (Saturday) resulted in spotting an estimated 2 lb largemouth...

On a second note has anyone fished Cammack and Mackintosh and any recommended spots???

Thanks & Tight Lines,

Adam
Fish points 12-15 feet with cranks and Carolina rigged worms-----this pattern will hold just about anywhere till mid October. Topwater early or in the rain on same points but that's hit or miss at best. Deepest fallen timber you can find with a worm or jig maybe. Big fish in all these spots.

Don't beat the bank unless the channel comes right up to it in a spot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone in this post fished Michael lately? Last year and the year before just messing around with the son as I live 1/2 mile down the road I’ve caught 4 that would go 3-4 pounds and I’m not sure how many dinks but maybe it’s gotten a little better. The son again messing 1 day caught probably 30 small bream in an hour off the dock. The same dock we have tried time and again and got nothing. Saw some guys last year bring out some nice crappie from the other side of the lake from the landing. I wish I could find someone in the are to go fishing with. Medical issues had me down a few years and am new to the area to be near my Drs so yeah anyone get w me anytime. [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.