NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake Norman 1-28-07

Not much to report except wind. The day started off bad at the landing while putting up the stern light, I heard a splash and realized my cell phone had done a suicide dive. We fished the main channel from just south of the hot hole (which wasn't running) to the peninsula. Saw a few birds hit the water but no bites. Finally got tired of being beat by the wind and headed for Hagar Creek. Saw a lot of bait on the graph but still no bites. The wind followed us to Hagar Creek so we pulled up and headed to Stumpy Creek where it's "usually" fairly calm but not today. I don't think there was a calm spot on the lake today and the longer we tried to fish, the harder it blew so around 11:30, we headed for the trailer and off to Verizon for another phone.
Needless to say, this was a very expensive and unproductive day but it still Beats Workin' :cool:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about your phone - I had one do that last year too - only trouble is it took me with it...lol.. Glad the water was still int he 70's then.

Thanks for the report
I actually thought for a brief second about going in after it but then thought "I'd have to be CrAzY. That water is COLD!!" lol :D Live and learn I guess, This time I got insurance.:eek:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Be careful though. I dropped two of them in on fishing trips. (I know, I know..i shoulda learnt the first time). My insurance on my cell phone cancelled me. Said they were too close together.:confused:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Couldn't imagine fishing the lake the way the wind blew here. Someone needs to come out with a cell phone that floats for clummsy fishermen. Me being one also.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I used to wonder why they didn't just go ahead and make a wristwatch version until I thought about trying to dial out. Keep a box of ziplocks onboard and some appropiately sized foam pieces to put items like keys and phones if you think you can make yourself use them. Years ago I lost my keys in 80'of water. I was 35 miles from home. No spares in my Bronco. Nobody around. No phones around. Nearest friend's house was 8 miles away. I was about 250 yds. from her house when my parents came by on their way to Franklin. They were living in Columbia, SC and decided to go to Franklin to get out of the heat. That was luck sure enough because she wasn't at home. Anyway things went smoothly after that even though there was the matter of another hour on the road. I no longer go swimming with my keys in my pocket. When I'm kayaking they go in a ziplock with a foam pad.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
hey guys went to norman this past weekend and had an absolute ball catching fish. i boated 11 striper and 2 gars and had a couple freinds that did just as good or better than what i did. most of the fish were in the 4.5 to 6 lb range but no really big fish.anyway just thought i would let you guys know that the fishing was really good this past weekend at norman.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
hey topsail the tarheel striper club had it tourney up there this past weekend and i think we had 9 boats and all total i think the amount of fish that was caught was over 100 everybody caught at least 10 striper each and we had 24 fish weighed in at the end of the tourney.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.