NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I'm headed out to Lake Norman tomorrow after church. Weather finally broke so I figure I'd go float around a little bit. Has anyone been out there recently? I've been out twice this month and landed a whopping two whole fish, but I'll take two over none any day. I figure the bass will be on some shallow flats and shallow cover adjacent to deeper water, as well as docks on the main channel. I'm planning on throwing a jig, soft plastics, and some smaller cranks, all fished pretty slow. I'll be out there on a kayak so the less distance I have to paddle the better. If anyone has some tips or advice I'd greatly appreciate it. Fish on

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Fish the McCrary ramp area...around the points south and into the coves past the gazebo on the point. The water stays warmer there from the hothole water blowing across and the fish tend to be more active this time of year.

Jerkbaits and super flukes, fished with long pauses between the twitches should get you a few.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.