NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Norman again with Kelli and it started out slow. Tried some pockets with the wind blowing into them and even though the herons were there, the bass weren't playing along.

Got out on some points and found some takers. Had to stay in the wind and there needed to be deeper water against the points and ended up having some fun!

Water Sky Vertebrate Smile Lake
Sky Water Vertebrate Smile Fisherman
Smile Beard Food Fish Fisherman
Water Glasses Smile Sky Vertebrate

The productive water was 48 F with wind blowing on the main lake points. The water was clear and the bait was a super fluke with long pauses between twitches.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I would like to try catching some bigger spots than what I have caught so far myself. Mainly to see what the hype is about; they are a little more aggressive but I can't say with the smaller fish that I can tell a noticeable difference in the fight of a largemouth vs. the spot. Maybe I need to catch some bigger ones to get a better-informed opinion. Jerry and I talked about this at Belews on Sunday. Maybe that's what he was talking about.

Anyway, great job on catching some fish, Wes! Thanks for the report.

Reactions: lewisfishing

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Lewis, thanks for the report. My cousin is in town and we are hitting Norman tomorrow. I have not been on the lake in a while. What depths were you catching them at? We are launching out of Little creek and then probably heading North. Looks pretty windy tomorrow too. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Lewis, thanks for the report. My cousin is in town and we are hitting Norman tomorrow. I have not been on the lake in a while. What depths were you catching them at? We are launching out of Little creek and then probably heading North. Looks pretty windy tomorrow too. Thanks!
I have been letting the fluke sink on the pauses until it goes out of sight...with the water the way it is now, that's about 3 to 5 feet, depending on the part of the lake you are on. With the hard jerk baits, I have been working the 4 to 6 ft range. The last time out, the hits were coming in 4 to 8 feet of water.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I only had the jacket off when on the trolling motor. It's still a bit too brisk to go short sleeved at 50+ mph! Hahaha!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.