NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just figured I would post something on one of my favorite fishing spots. Apparently it is a great spot to crappie fish but I'm more of a bass fisherman. I have always had menial luck there and it is a great place to bream fish. Everyone let me know how you do here and what you catch.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Last Spring, dozens of crappie.

Always lots of bream. I've even caught yellow perch from the dock.

Great little lake for my crappie pole. My son caught some nice 3-5lb catfish there too.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
We bank fished along the Alder Loop trail on Sunday, and caught 4 barely-keeper sized crappie (8") on minnows. Released them all.

2 on bobbers, 2 on the cane pole.

Similar luck for everyone... Nobody was skunked, nobody had a herd of fish either. Seems most people caught two or three crappie.

Nothing else apparently biting yesterday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went yesterday but didn't have much luck just a couple of brim. That was my back-up plan because I tried crappie fishing for the first time. I still cannot figure out the tricks to crappie fishing! Maybe someone will have some tips for me.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Where are you fishing? Here's a hint... Walk the Alder Trail, and fish by the stairs.

I also like the far side of the lake, accessible only by walking across the car bridge and then walking through the woods. This time of year, it's not so bad.

Just put a minnow under a small-to-very-small bobber, and cast out about 20 feet and wait. This time of year, the crappie will come.

If I can catch them, anyone can. I truly am horrible at this.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
If you see a very tall, very fat guy with some kids fishing from the bridge, say "Hi". We go there at least once a week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.