NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys... I only fish for Speckled Trout, Flounder, Puppy Drum you know Saltwater or Sound fishing. My 66yr old Mom and her husband have rented a house on Lake Norman for the weekend of January 16-18, 2015. She will be fishing from a dock and I don't Fresh water fish and she won't touch a worm or a cricket so I don't have any idea what to tell her to buy. So my question is what can she fish for and what kind of lures can she buy to try and catch them on. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks and Have a Great New Year!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Gulp baits work decently well for folks that are squimish around squirmy baits, just put them on a normal freshwater bait rig, you can find both worms and minnows in Gulp packages. A can of whole kernel corn is fine for panfish, catfish or carp, fished the same way.

Over the years, I've introduced more than few people to fishing that have become pretty good at fishing, that would not touch traditional baits initially. You gotta start somewhere.....

Make sure they have a fishing license, the tickets as not cheap if you get caught fishing without one.

FIshscalz

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks FIshscalz... I've already gotten her to purchase her lifetime Freshwater and Saltwater license. I'll get her to try that and see how it works. I don't know why I hadn't thought of the Gulp, must have had a brain fart.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Cheap hotdogs sprinkled with Garlic and Anise. Buy em a week early shake the stuff on them and put them in a ziplock bag cut in chunks. Good for cats, have caught striper on them too. Used to use them a lot as kids and when I have someone squeamish that just wants to bottom fish I still use them. You can put one rod out with that while she plinks around with a paddle tail GULP or something.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Lake norman is a FANTASTIC lake to fish during this time of year. I say this because a ton of fish will migrate to spots on the lake where the water is heated. I went out with flw angler shane lehew and I couldn't tell you where the spot is cause I don't remember but it was deeper water and heated, told me it's great in december. If you have money to spend and the will power to deal with the cold I would take a guide out with him. The spotted bass there are a blast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.