NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I'm a kayaker, and interested in learning to fish lookout shoals.... I'm about an hour away, but if you decide you want weekend company on Lookout Shoals, send me a message. Especially striper by Kayak, I hear those lookout stripers run bigger than the babies that were caught on Norman before they quit stocking that lake.

Reactions: GreyGhost

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a kayaker, and interested in learning to fish lookout shoals.... I'm about an hour away, but if you decide you want weekend company on Lookout Shoals, send me a message. Especially striper by Kayak, I hear those lookout stripers run bigger than the babies that were caught on Norman before they quit stocking that lake.
Hey id love to fish lookout with ya man. When u wanna go

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Another weekend then... High and fast is not something I can do in the kayak. I'm pretty much a flat water guy.

Reactions: GreyGhost

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I lived in Mooresville and fished Norman for years, and my kids still live with their mom on the lake there, so I fish it often. I don't catfish, and large stripers elude me there, so all I catch are spotted bass in the 2lb and under range, and crappie. Fun, but I am looking for a change of pace.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I lived in Mooresville and fished Norman for years, and my kids still live with their mom on the lake there, so I fish it often. I don't catfish, and large stripers elude me there, so all I catch are spotted bass in the 2lb and under range, and crappie. Fun, but I am looking for a change of pace.
Yeah. I caugh a striper there not long ago. But striper fishing isnt my area of expertise per say. (Not that im an expert on anything)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Nor mine... But Norman's bass aren't (in general) very large either. So trying new water, where your expectations are higher for something different, is always fun to me. And I've heard decent things about striper and larger bass in Lookout Shoals, which Ive never fished, so.... I want to try it, even if I wind up catching nothing but small spots, I've at least tried something new.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nor mine... But Norman's bass aren't (in general) very large either. So trying new water, where your expectations are higher for something different, is always fun to me. And I've heard decent things about striper and larger bass in Lookout Shoals, which Ive never fished, so.... I want to try it, even if I wind up catching nothing but small spots, I've at least tried something new.
Yeah. Lookout has some fat hogs thats for sure. Ill be going to lookout this evening to try out a new boat. So ill let you know more about the water condition.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello: I just moved to the Lincolnton area two years ago. Looking for people that want to fish the area, Norman, Hickory or Look Out. I have fished Hickory and Look out a few times from my Kayak. Now have a small Pond Prowler that can fit two if anyone wants to go. Would like to fish more than my "Once a year whether I need it or not". Wanted to try Crappie fishing in Norman, heard they get big and are plentiful in the winter, but caught a small rock in Hickory and that might become an obsession.
Todd

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hello: I just moved to the Lincolnton area two years ago. Looking for people that want to fish the area, Norman, Hickory or Look Out. I have fished Hickory and Look out a few times from my Kayak. Now have a small Pond Prowler that can fit two if anyone wants to go. Would like to fish more than my "Once a year whether I need it or not". Wanted to try Crappie fishing in Norman, heard they get big and are plentiful in the winter, but caught a small rock in Hickory and that might become an obsession.
Todd
If you need somebody to fish with, I could probably come fish with you out of the pond prowler some time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.