NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I am a local who fishes lake pine almost daily and decided to make a thread on it just to share some information on it and possibly retain some. Today I saw a man who caught a freshwater eel at the lake and claims to have seen koi and grass karp in the lake. Does anyone have any proof of fish like that. Also he said that he saw a flathead has anyone seen or caught one of those? Please post picture or video if you have it. For anyone who does not fish lake pine it is just a lake in apex/cary that has lots of stocked catfish and bass my pb bass there is 7 and catfish 4. It also has severely pan fish such as perch bluegill and shad. Please share if you know of anyone this post could apply to.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I live almost right on Lake Pine. Never seen a Flathead, there are Bullheads, white cats, and channel cats there. Seen some Koi but not lately. Bass, bream Crappie, yellow perch, shellcrackers, the cats , lake also does have gizzard shad . Never seen a carp in there but they should be there.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
now I think about it there is a pond above lake Pine that had grass carp in it and a few years back we had a massive flood and those carp(most of them) went downstream. after the flood they were not to be seen in the Pond. They should be in lake Pine.

Reactions: Cam
1 - 3 of 3 Posts