NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I've really enjoyed reading the content on this sight. I have a slight fishing problem as in I enjoy tight lines more than beer and football and just about anything else. This is my first post and hopefully not my last. I live near Lake Rhodhiss and just took my first trip out on the lake this week. Beautiful lake and very remote! Caught one nice LM bass on a spinner and 1 crappie over one of the new fish attractors. My question is where and how to fish the lake in the winter months. I would love to target stripers but have no idea where in the lake they might be. I'm more of a fly fisherman but I'm expanding to include the local lakes. Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Thanks for the report, and welcome!

I've only been on Rhodhiss once, and if I recall there aren't really any creek mouths to concentrate on. I'd probably try down by the dam around any humps or big points using shad on down and flat lines.

Lake Hickory is a little better known for the striper action, but Rhodhiss is a great bass fishery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. I haven't fished down toward the dam yet. I'll update when I get down that way and give it a go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i live a mile from the dam, i don't fish the hiss during the winter i make the trip to norman where the water is warmer, start back at the hiss in early march, i like hickory better can be there in 20 minutes, hollar at me and i'll show you around the hiss one day, show ya the creeks and stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've heard that in the spring you can throw a variety of things up under the branches, shallow, and catch really nice stripers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts