NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Rhodiss is a tough lake at times for sure!! Iv'e had a couple tough days figuring them out on that lake. Once I fished it for about 4hr without a bite, then right before we packed it in and accepted the skunk, it appeared if someone was throwing cinder blocks into the lake all around our boat. Turned out to be a massive school of stripper smashing shad, a cast later my buddy and I were hooked up with doubles. WE both boated personal best fish with ten min...Paid to stay the course and keep trying.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rhodiss is a tough lake at times for sure!! Iv'e had a couple tough days figuring them out on that lake. Once I fished it for about 4hr without a bite, then right before we packed it in and accepted the skunk, it appeared if someone was throwing cinder blocks into the lake all around our boat. Turned out to be a massive school of stripper smashing shad, a cast later my buddy and I were hooked up with doubles. WE both boated personal best fish with ten min...Paid to stay the course and keep trying.
I agree it pays to keep on chunking bait in the water. One of those times something will bite. Glad it paid off for you. Have you ever caught smallmouth in that lake?

·
Red X Angler
11,444 Posts
Rhodhiss has mostly been kind to me, when nothing is working move to the ends of the laydowns and fish some small jigs for an hour or two. My best night LMB trip ever and never cranked the gas motor all night. (except to put the boat on the trailer)

Darrell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.