NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any action at Sutton recently?

We fished Lake Sutton yesterday, got on the lake around 5PM and left closeto 10:30PM. I caught (1) small bass (10"), several turtles, and (1)18" channel cat (2lbs, 11oz). My son lost a decent bass (est. 16-17")when he tried to bring it in the boat. There was no activity on the lake. Wecaught the bass on rubber worms and they were extremely lethargic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Goint to try Sutton again tomorrow. Will be very windy by i need to get the line wet and after all...a bad day fishing is better than not fishing.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
I've been tearing them up! Sunday morning with my son (28) he wanted to catch numbers and not size. Third cast he had Bass in the boat. Caught more than a dozen and lost that many more within the first two hours. I caught about a dozen myself.
Went Thursday after work with the Fly rod and tore them up. No Size, but bunches of fish. (see my report in the Fly fishing section.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fish in the boat is fish in the boat in my book. Great Job. I'm headed out now. Hope to be on lake # 5 or 6 within the next 90 minutes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was very windy and bites all occured before 11am or so. We fished the back lakes. Caught a very nice 3lbs 12oz bass on a baby minus crankbait. My son caught a nice little bass on a crank as well. We boated several nice bluegill that were also hitting the same crankbaits that we caught the bass on Not trying to brag but check out the bass pic.

http://www.ncangler.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1186&attachmentid=32344

It hit like a ton of bricks and gave us a very nice aerial show until we boated it. We put a total of 13 fish in the boat. If your thinking about going........my advice is to go. Other than wind, it was very nice out there.

Hog

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well headed out to sutton first time in a year (boat been in shop) and wouldn't you know had a blow out on trailer. Luckily I had a spare but it was in pretty bad shape itself so decided to head back home. Gonna get a set of tires and try next weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shocker73, Things like that happen. When things like that hapen to me, I just figure that it is God's way of telling me to change my plans. Let us know how it goes next weekend. Might head that way again next weekend myself . Have fun and be safe.
Hog

1 - 9 of 9 Posts