NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down on Tuesday and just curious if anybody has been lately? They should be schoolin' pretty good and I got a couple spots where some bigguns tend to run with the runts....

Tight Lines

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There are a bunch of fish (2-3lbs) at the Lillys Bridge Rd bridges, but they are picky. They're schoolin pretty good and will eat if you get on them when they come up. Caught mine on a swimbait. Checked some other areas and found the fish more willing to bite. Caught'em on a Sexy Dog Jr with a front runner and a Gene Larew rally grub. Nice day, but a bit windy....

Tight Lines guys.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love chasing them around all day.....bridges, points and humps, always some willing to bite.

I just wish I could catch'em when they go down. At the two bridges they were thick on the graph, threw dropshot, swimbait, grub and a blade.....nothing. I have had luck in the past downsizing to crappie lures and crappie size lures, I'll try that again next time.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I started looking at this lake when I saw the post, seems like EVERY lake is at least an hour away from me. Any thoughts on how hard this lake would be for somebody who has never been on it before? Also, any experience with Blewett Falls Lake just a little south of Tillery?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This time of year it shouldn't be hard at all to get hooked up, points and humps in the creeks will produce and some main lake areas as well. They'll hit a spook all day (usually) and a variety of moving baits, I'll toss a shakyhead or dropshot also and usually find something....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.