NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my oldest girl out to do a Lil bream fishing with the buster and a bucket of worms and small white grubs we found while doing the flower bed. As soon as I would throw the grub out it was gone!! I hope I can find more they are crazy good but bite the devil out of you!! Got em home and cleaned em up for the fish fry coming up soon! Hope you enjoy that smile as much as I did!!
uploadfromtaptalk1398552935699.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398553016031.jpg

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Nice should be a lot more of those in the pond. Here is a shot of a place I use to rack up on some major bull gills back in my days in that area. Start just across the pond from the boat ramp. Fish down that side. There use to be a sunning tower out in the water a little ways down to the left of the pier. There is a big 3-5 foot flat that runs out there. Big gills like deep water.

Continue to fish that side and you will come to a point...nice house with a small feeder creek off to the side...marked bream beds. That point that sticks out is a long sandy flat, again nice place.

Great place for bream busters, crickets and kids.
waldos.jpg

I was looking at Google Earth when I did this pic. Man has the housing around the pond grown 10 fold. But the area I use to live had nothing and now its all houses and housing areas.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like a good haul. I was just at Upchurch yesterday and got skunked on bass. Looks like I should've been bream bustin'.
I figured out the bass last time I was out there. I chased cats and carp all day since they were biting and late in the evening the bass bite turned on. I watched guys in boats blowing right past the spots where they were holding or in some cases they were tucked back in spots where you just can't get without a kayak. If I had to guess I'd say the weird weather patterns we had in pre-spawn got them to bed down deeper out there. I missed what looked like great fishing weather yesterday so I'll be back out probably Saturday.

Swim and Jig if I remember right you said you're a kayak angler out of Bragg? Head over to FAAN and check in. I've fished everything west of post and there's a few guys that fish out everything on the east side and we all know a few local honey holes. You should come on out some time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Redsprings,
I actually paddled all over that dang pond with no luck. Frustration had set in.

Luni,
Yea, you read right. I've just started on the kayak though and mine is not very fancy either. I would love to go out with some people who knew the tricks of the trade.

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Nice bream glad the two of you got to get out after them.

This is another typical ncangler thread with folks helping each other out, maps to hot spots, invtation to new guys etc. I just love this site.

Darrell

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea, please do. I don't get out as often as I would like. My 2 year old twin boys are a little too small to throw a line out, but soon...

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
If I had to guess I'd say the weird weather patterns we had in pre-spawn got them to bed down deeper out there. I missed what looked like great fishing weather yesterday so I'll be back out probably Saturday.
I see bass and big bull bream bedding in deep water all the time. I know a place or 3 that they bed in 4 to 6 foot of water. Most of these have typically clearer water. You can catch a load of small bream and bass off the edges but when I go, I head for the deeper water and get off the bank. Also it the area has a drop from the edge it makes for some good fishing also.

Good luck

·
Registered
149 Posts
I see bass and big bull bream bedding in deep water all the time. I know a place or 3 that they bed in 4 to 6 foot of water. Most of these have typically clearer water. You can catch a load of small bream and bass off the edges but when I go, I head for the deeper water and get off the bank. Also it the area has a drop from the edge it makes for some good fishing also.

Good luck
I'm figuring out fishing deep for bass. I know where the channel runs and they seem to holding deep under visible structure during the day so I was planning on punching grass mats with a jig and craw trailer or sweet beaver punching rig or running a mid depth crankbait or spinnerbait through the stumps. If that doesn't work I know I can pick off carp until the bass decide to play. Last summer I was having a blast just catching fish but this year I want to get the hang of targeting species.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts