NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
i was thinking of making a trip there over the summer. would be different fishing from anything ive ever done from what i hear and read. holler if you did any good. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm no expert on that lake but I'd fish the docks and grass beds in a little deeper water, if you're bass fishing. I'd imagine the White Perch bite is heating up, and this should be visible if you see a ton of boats towards the middle of the lake trolling.

Lake Waccamaw holds some of the biggest fish for multiple species, but you have to put A LOT of time in there before you'll consistently catch them. Good luck, and regardless of how big your boat is, if it gets windy get the heck off of that lake.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the post we did ok we caught about 8 bass but all were short probably around 12in long. It's a very shallow lake bout it was ok in my book I will go back. The wind picked up and it got ROUGH.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I fished down there this past saturday. caught a few short fish early on a buzzbait. got into some schoolers later in the morning and caught 3 right at 14" before they disappeared. started flipping docks and caught 3 fish that were all a little over 3lbs. 1 shoulda been about 5lb judging by the head but was so skinny and sick looking, it was only 3lb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts