NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm gonna be at Lake Wheeler next week Sunday and I was looking for some help. I will be around the boat house and will be fishing from around 3pm to sundown. I have never fished this lake and was looking at some advice anyone might have. I'm trying for either crappie or bass, which ever one bites better and i'll be fishing from the bank or the small pier. any advice on spots or bait/lures? thanks ahead of time! tight lines

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
as you've seen bank fishing is restricted. there's only one pier you can fish off you can't fish off the boat docks. There's a catfish feeder out there by the fishing pier, to me its not really worth the $2 day pass. lot of loud people that often don't know what they're doing crowding the place if you go on a weekend. You can however sit there and catch all the small bream and white perch that you want. the last time I went I had a 5" white perch out by the feeder for catfish and something slammed it and i didn't get a clean hookset, so there should be some decent catfish roaming around. as far as simpkins pond i wouldn't bother at all. i'm 5 minutes from wheeler and only ever went a handful of times, great bass and crappie fishing to be had from a boat but it's not worth the trip otherwise in my humble opinion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts