NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doing my morning fishing from the recliner (VS), the show talked about the benifits of a drawdown on a resivoir/lake. any chance the state had any plans ? has anyone fishing noticed any private owners dozing/digging ? heck, even a skidder could dig a couple nice holes...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I saw that episode myself. Seems the organic growth will be beneficial if water rises in time for the spawn. Also a good time to slip around and make some Honey Holes!! I've picked up several Christmas trees from the curbs around town and next week I am sinking them in a nice hole upriver 18-22ft deep. :) I will be using hemp rope and concrete blocks so it isn't environmentally damaging and deep enough so as not to be a boating hazard at any season.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Also prime opportunity to map the structures we have fished in/near during normal levels. This alllows us to actually see the structure and possibly, as was pointed out, make improvements for when levels return to somewhat normal.
May be a great opportunity to get back some of my lures too. LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Not sure how much the drought had to do with it or how long it may have been planned, but the Falls Lake Rollingview ramps are in the process of being replaced. Here's a post with some pre-New Years pics: http://www.ncangler.com/forums/f39/falls-lake-ramps-drive-5740.html#post38431

RangerGreg can tell us if there's been progress...
I really wish I had good news on that front, but I don't. It is pretty much the same as you saw it, with the exception that we have added a large pile of gravel to the area. I don't know what the holdup is on it. I have had a lot on my plate with getting used to my new position at the park and getting a new ranger trained, so I have not had a chance to speak with the powers that be about it. I will find out what the status is and get back with you guys. I'm hoping that even at this snail's pace, we will have it finished by memorial day.

I'm thinking about waiving the entrance fee this year. Instead of $5 per vehicle, admission will now be 5 gallons of water to empty into the lake. Maybe that way we can get it back to "Lake Status" again.:D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good idea Greg!!!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I'm thinking about waiving the entrance fee this year. Instead of $5 per vehicle, admission will now be 5 gallons of water to empty into the lake. Maybe that way we can get it back to "Lake Status" again.:D
I like the way you think! :D

We have some decent rain this past month or so down here - about 5 inches and almost all of it slow so very little run off. How about up your way, Greg?

·
Registered
840 Posts
TA, I heard on WRAL this morning that we will have had 25% of our normal rainfall for the month of January at RDU. So, not much rain falling here :(.

Also, I spoke with my supervisor this morning. He says that the WRC will be working on the Hickory Hill boat ramp at Falls Lake in the next couple of weeks, then after that they will begin working on the Rolling View ramps. They are slated to begin in early to mid February (which probably means late December 2012 :eek::rolleyes::D). Anyhow, things do appear to be progressing on the new ramps and I'll keep everyone updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.