NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the NC division of the BFL on Wylie Saturday and while it was not a strong showing for me, I still got a nice bass to show for it. the front blew through and I didn't make enough adjustments to get more of these, but I sure wish I knew where more brush piles were! This one was just shy of 6 pounds...

Blue Vertebrate Sunglasses Mammal Smile

I ended up in 71st place and in 20th overall for the year so far. My fish were caught on the Vertical Lures Tube-X baits.

The water was fairly clear, for Wylie, and at 56 to 57 degrees. There were some males on beds, but I could only coax one of those that ended up being too small. The wind was stiff out of the NE and my fish came on the ends of some docks.

When I got home, went to our dock with my son and the rest of the gang and caught about 7 bass and one crappie...all on a jerk bait. I suppose I should have been using that at Wylie earlier! Hahaha!

Wesley got this one later in the evening on a jerk bait...

Vertebrate Smile Jaw Fisherman Fish

In all, still a great day to be on the water! Next tourney is on Norman this coming weekend with Kelli...the ABA Couples tourney.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Wes, can you tell me how to check standings for BFL in NC division? I can't read anything on their website since they updated it last month. Even caused me to be late to register, even with boater link I was two days late and didn't get to fish. I will probably sit out Buggs now. Hard to come back from zero points in one event. 11th at Norman to nothing at Wylie. Glad you didn't fall too far. Good luck at Buggs!

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should have received a text that stated where you finished the tourney and then your overall ranking. Other than that, I will go though the site when I get back to my computer and get you there.

Don't give up just cause you didn't get any. I know several co anglers that zero'd a tourney or two and still got the regional invite.

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
876 Posts
As of Friday morning, I was 30th on waiting list. I haven't recieved any texts from BFL yet. Had to chase down boater at Norman, lol. How far along will fish be in spawn for Buggs you think? I have not fished there much, except early spring and fall.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah it was defiantly tough on me too. I had 11.11 and finished 47th. Had my limit by 10:30 but like you didn't make the nessecary adjustments after the front. I found 14-15lbs on bed Friday but other people bet me to them or they where gone. There were some females on beds but not many. I know a few of the guys who finished high up caught theirs bed fishing.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
You should have received a text that stated where you finished the tourney and then your overall ranking. Other than that, I will go though the site when I get back to my computer and get you there.

Don't give up just cause you didn't get any. I know several co anglers that zero'd a tourney or two and still got the regional invite.
Also dont forget, the top 50 go to the regional now. I came pretty close to making the top 40 on the boater side in 2013 with 2 zeroes, had they taken the top 50 I would have made the regional. With an 11th place finish on your record already you should just have to weigh a fish in the others and you can make it.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tim,

To see the results and the standings so far, on the FLW site under the tournaments heading, choose Walmart BFL. On that page, scroll down until you see the Walmart BFL Schedule area and look for the box just under that heading. In the box, you can choose the North Carolina tournaments and the results will show up.

You can also use the app for your phone and see them...maybe easier that way! You are in 69th overall...still pretty good and in a good position to get higher. You have to figure that a lot of the co-anglers will likely zero at some point...its just the nature of the game. Just keep fishing and try to get something to weigh in at each tourney and you can qualify! As Neil said, they are taking the top 50!

As for the texts, you should call FLW and see if they have your info correct...you should get the parings tests before each tourney and your results afterward.

Jason,

It was a tough one...looking forward to Kerr, I think! You are having a good year at 29th so far! Nice!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks Wes. I am planning to fish Buggs now. I will see if my boater link still wants to link. He may still be sore about me missing Wiley, lol. Maybe we will get paired there. I need all the help I can get! Will fish be spawning there, or about over it?

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think there will be fish in all stages for that one. Kerr is usually about a week or two behind Wiley...about the same as Norman...but I think there will be lots of fish spawning in the next week or two there, but will still be some spawning when we get there. I think the shad will be close to spawning when we get there which could add a bit of interest in the mornings. Could be close to the herring spawn, too. It really depends on how fast the water warms...they usually spawn around 70...

·
Registered
88 Posts
From my experience at buggs nut bush area should be at the tail end of the spawn. If you go up the lake they should be spawning better. I like grassy creek pretty good. It seems if you stay in nut bush eventually you are always fishing behind someone because everyone stays in nutbush.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.