NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I have run into a few bass fisherman on Lake Wylie that swear by fishing rock piles at night with black & blue jigs and swim baits. I am sort of new to the lake and I don't have a GPS that is compatible with the latest Hotspots maps so I do not have any rock piles today. However, I do have a GPS that I can manually input coordinates. Would someone be kind enough to post or PM me the coordinates of a few of their favorite rock piles on Wylie?

Much Thanks!
Jay W.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Not to sound rude but you will probably have trouble getting coordinates to anything specific on the net. Alot of guys who put in the work to go out and find stuff arent just going to give away specifics up to anyone out there that they dont know. You will probably have to spend some time in and go find some.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
That's what I was going to suggest. Time on the water is priceless. Before you know it you'll have your own secret spots people will be asking you about!

Sent from my kayak....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I figured that would be the typical response. I don't get to go out on the lake much due to work travel and my other hobby, fly fishing. I was hoping someone could at least point me in the right direction and I could use my sonar to search.

Thanks anyway...

, Jay W.

·
Red X Angler
1,137 Posts
Hello Jay and I hope you did not take the responses by Neilslure or Wademaster negatively. Actually, I think they were both VERY kind with their responses. Fishermen and ladies are very careful about giving away their "Sweet Spots" and the GPS # for them on a public website since THOUSANDS of people, most of which are "lurkers" in here, will visit your favorite spots!!

Fishermen, and especially Guides, spend hundreds and thousands of hours developing the "Book of Honey Holes" and are very reluctant to give them up, and I understand and abide by that anytime I get new places from guides or friends.
I hope that I am not being negative, and I hope you take this information as positive feedback.

You mentioned Top Spot waterproof maps and I have about 12 of them for areas that I visit infrequently or while on vacation, and I even loan them to friends who visit those areas....and even mark my "good spots" on them with a Sharpie. I also sell kayaks at an "outfitters" down here in JAX, FL which is similar to GOPC or G:O up there in NC and I have taken over 100 people who purchased kayaks from me fishing, and I had a string of 117 of 117 catching fish on their first trips, but I still have a few spots that I save for me!! LOL!!
Good Luck and you will find your spots and then you will learn to be "protective" of them....Best Wishes!!
JohnYaksJax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts