NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leaving at 1:00 pm today going down to lake Sidney Lanier for the striper tournament. Is anyone else going down to fish the SBCC Striped Bass Tournament? It is the old NSBA only Warren is doing it all. Should be great. I have fished down there the last couple of weeks. The fish are scattered, but if you can get on them they are biting.

Marty Owens (angler)
Team Diggin Reel Deep

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Best of luck to you!!! Nver fished a tourney before. I hope to try something this year!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We finished 12th out of 47, not bad, we had some equipment problems that cost a couple hours fishing time and we missed our big bite but altogether a good tournament. The winner had 56# in two fish (we only way two and they must be alive). 35# and a 21# striper. Only a few ponds separated the first 5 places. Like is said in another post big fish are possible in the southeast and I believe they can be in NC. SBCC (the old NSBA) is great Warren Turner runs a great tournament and it’s a lot of fun to boot. Anyone interested should look at there website. I believe they are going to do big things. We are all hoping for a FLW sponsorship for land locked striper like they have for the saltwater guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.