NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Haven't heard of many but I haven't been looking for them in particular. (Make sure you know the regs. Some are illegal to take. The rest have size limits etc.) Now should be a good time for them to be in the surf and just off the beach. Where there is an abundance of fish you can count on the sharks showing up.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
over 57 inches is the first thing to come to mind.. for a keeper, but definately double check the book.

A shark that size is a decent eater if you keep one (and I believe the limit is one per person per day).

Definately worth a shot! ;)

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
They have been catching them off Lea Island in the surf, mainly spinner sharks which are a blast to catch. Buddy of mine went yesterday in his boat a and caught a few near NTI.

The size limit is 54" using the fork length measurement. One per day per person is the limit. I believe you also will need a Highly Migratory Species license to keep them.

Legal sharks include: sandbar, silky, tiger, blacktip, spinner, lemon, bull, nurse, smooth and scalloped and great hammerhead, blacknose, finetooth, bonnethead, shortfin mako, blue, thresher, porbeagle, and oceanic whitetip. One (1) Atlantic sharpnose (no minimum size) and one bonnethead (no minimum size) per person per trip may be landed in addition to allowable bag limits for other sharks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.