NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual I rushed out of work and to the lake to where my brother was already fishing (and had caught one). I park the truck and change out of my work apparel into my ripped up cargo shorts and fishing shirt. Threw my stuff in the yak and hit the water. It seems that this year is a few steps behind last year due to the clinging on of the cold weather. But as we've had warmer days accompanied by warm nights that water's warming up nicely slowly but surely. We caught several on various plastics. The old Zoom trick worm in black garb was my winner for this evening and castman7 was getting several hits on a topwater frog. It's heating up. I also threw a spinner and a crank to no avail. Good luck fellas.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
The weather is certainly behind. But the fish are on the beds now, at least at HPCL.Saw a couple of beds near the marina, each with a buck bass in it, and two or three big females patrolling just outside them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Been seeing bass on beds and guarding fry my last few trips. My favorite small pond I abandoned during the spawn entirely. Could not find an active fish. Fishing a bigger lake I got the kayak into some super skinny kayak only water and pulled my first intentional bass of the year on a trick worm and there was phenomenal top water action when the sun went down and I busted out the frog near the grass mats and stumps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts