NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wet Thursday, worked hard to stay dry & for a few fish, mostly trash fish. .....

View attachment 65932

Sunny Sunday, surf gave us some non stop action.
11 Reds, 1 on Gulp, 10 on fresh finger Mullets.
Saw another 9 caught by 4 others fishing with us.
Non stop action for about an hour.
All slot & upper slot, all ours released. .........

View attachment 65933 View attachment 65934

Windy Monday, first stop was crazy with Specks, Reds, Blues & other hungry / angry species.
All topwater action for most of the morning. Lot's of blow ups. ( Ladyfish, Ribbonfish ??? )
Saw a Trout leap out of the water after a topwater & completely miss it. ( duh )
Harold lost one BIG! Trout, landed 3 Trout & a Blue.
Next stop more topwater Trout action, it's my turn to shine.
Wind finally got to us, had to search.
Harold needed a Red for his did Inshore Grand Slam. With me acting as guide we improved his catch to fish ratio.
Total fish count 6 Trout ( all 17" to 19" ), a Blue, a short Flounder & a fat spoon feed Red.
Kept 4 Trout .... ICM

View attachment 65935 View attachment 65936 View attachment 65937 View attachment 65938

·
Registered
111 Posts
Were you fishing the surf early or late? Or middle of the day? Were you punishing live bait or artificial?

I'm headed to Carolina beach this weekend. Planning to fish out of the yak early but will be on the beach some too during the day with friends. Gotta catch me something. Been a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lot of time and work but some nice fish for sure. I've been striking out big time last 4-5 trips. Gotta find the fish again and invite one for dinner.
Good pics too BTW.
You can't keep fishing the same place, beating up on the same school twice a day.
Hoping they will stay around for you.
You need a back up plans, other places to fish.

I have caught almost every species of fish from my dock, but they are not always there.
A not so great man once told me, "There are no fences in fishing! Nets yes, fences no." ...... ICM

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
Nice work Billy. Now you have me chomping at the bit to get to the Lower Cape Fear Country mid month.

We are still looking at the 13-15, think Bobby will be there for the whole week, I have to work... :(

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott, good thing you weren't with me yesterday in NR.
Late start ( someone over slept ).
Lost another lens from my trailer upright. This will be the 4th. replacement. I'm 5200 the next one in place.
Broke my favorite, hard to find Teramar West Coast spinning Trout rod.
Had the mother of all braid wind knots, needed to respool one reel using the braid from the broken rod reel.
And never caught a fish. .......

Long & stressful day. ( note to self: got to stay positive ) Hey, lunch was good. ..... ICM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.