NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a decent spring with stripers to play with, but have turned my attention more toward doing some trout scouting and hoping to pick up a slot drum or two over the last couple weekends. On the 3rd, we fished hard for about 4 hrs over in slade creek without a touch. Trired everything from live mud minnows on carolina rigs to top water lures. This past Saturday we made a pre-sunrise effort at a historically good SW wind trout hole, and never had a tap. Plenty of bait around and water conditions adequate. Versus buring gas, went back to the cottage after about an hour to eat a 1st class mother's day breakfast prepared by my sons and essentailly chilled for the rest of the day. I sent the attached pic to a friend and he replied that I can't catch fish without a line in the water. He may be onto something there. Anybody else done anything?

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fished off the dock Friday evening since they wind was blowing. Caught 5 trout off mud minnows and 1 off soft plastics "all released" 4 out of the 6 were within keeping size. I was just down from the point on the Pamlico River but I can basically throw a rock into where the Pungo begins.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts