NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out Sunday morning early with intent to clean fish on ice from the day before. So I started in on that. While doing so I looked out to the sound and it was dead flat!

Then about 9am I realize the wind is just FLAT! So I make a few calls and we gather and head off.

No sooner than we are 1 mile out of the inlet, I see a different ripple in the water. So we ease up to it and its a flood of ALBIES!!! At this point we are not ready for these guys. But we throw whats tied on, which are buck tails, and they grab on!!!

After playing with a few of them REEL screamers. We move on to the intended spot to find flatties. And we did. Caught a few here and there.

End of day result.......a bunch of happy kids and 2 dads wanting a fried flounder plate!

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We started 8 miles out and got a few. Then found a few more on the way back in 2 miles out in 40' of water. 1 was a monster!

They are on the move inshore by the #'s............4 weeks ago neither one of the spots we fished today had flounder on them.

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Great report, with a fine looking crew like that it would have had to be a great day with or without fish.

Darrell

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Skills you have... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts