NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
That'll work fine. If you want a little more line and distance on casts go with 10 pound braid. I wouldn't hesitate a 15 pound leader just for a little insurance on the bigger fish. What kind of knot are you using to attach them? There's a bunch of good ones out there. I use Power Pro as well.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That'll work fine. If you want a little more line and distance on casts go with 10 pound braid. I wouldn't hesitate a 15 pound leader just for a little insurance on the bigger fish. What kind of knot are you using to attach them? There's a bunch of good ones out there. I use Power Pro as well.

Good Luck!!
uni to uni

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott Hobbs,

I'm sticking to topwater for reds with a mirrolure top dog or heddon super spook. Specks im using mr 17 mirrolure or popping cork with shrimp. I think I'll bump up the leader for flounder since i'll be using a carolina rig for them.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I'm one of those wimps who use the plastic fish grips while getting the hook outta toothy critters. The grips dbl for the dowel Scott is talking about

Reactions: FishingAddiction
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.