NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed for oak Isalnd. solid week of fishing and listening to my wife fuss about all the time i'm fishing and not just sitting on the beach.(unless ofcourse i am surf fishing. just afraid i'll catch one of my kids!!!:eek: ).

looking foward to red action and hopefully some trout and flounder. just a word of thanks for the many tips you guys have shared on this site. i'll be sure and let ya know how it turns out. (hopefully a full cooler!)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
If you have a couple of old spinner baits or buzz baits you might want to carry them in your tackle box too. They will work on the trout and reds and they probably have not seen too many of them. As gulible as a redfish is sometimes they do get educated to lures. The spinnerbaits and buzz baits give off vibrations that they aren't used to hearing and when they seem to ignore other lures these would probably do them in.
AL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lets just hope I don't have to utilize the "Fishermans Lie" code when i get back!even better...i'll tryto get some young kid to show me how to post pics on the web....i am compoooooter illiterated!!:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my friend that has been taking me stripper fishing did the "picture with someone elses fish"trick. three things tipped me off that he didn't catch that fish himself...1. the picture was not taken in front of his boat
2. his grin wasn't big enough (it was a 25lb stripper) they don't get that big on
average where we normally fish.
3. the guy who went with him was holding the same fish in a seperate picture.
although he tried to hold it another way...his grin wasn't big enough either.

....and i guess i should mention that this same friend showed me a picture of himself with a doe he harvested that fall with pine twigs sticking out of its head like antlers!!!! can't ever take him for what you see, but he is a great guy and fun to fish with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.