NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This appears to be the sequence of events over the last 24 hours:
Sat March 3, 1:30pm: Lefty catches fish (real one, and nice too)
Sat March 3, 8pm: Lefty posts pic & report on NCangler.com
Sat March 3, sometime after 8pm: NCangler.com blacks out for an extended period.
Sun March 4, 8:55pm Randy posts that the site is back online, but Lefty's fish is nowhere to be found.

What happened in those 24 hours? I've found several theories on the net:
Theory 1) Word of Lefty's conquest brought unparalleled levels of traffic to NCangler.com, driving the ISP over to Sam's Club to buy some new PeoplePC mini-towers to help handle the load.
Theory 2) NCangler's untimely swig of Mtn Dew was reflexively ejected onto his keyboard at the sight of the post and picture in question, causing a catastrophic sequence of short-circuit keystrokes, which took him the last 24 hours to unravel.
Theory 3) The doctored-photo detection agents running surreptitiously in the background at NCangler.com caused a CPU overheat when they couldn't figure out how Lefty and this fish were hewn together in the suspicious jpg. It took all day for the poor buggers to cool down.

Regardless of which one/ones are correct, it has been good to have the site back to normal operation tonight.

Or it was anyway...

This'll have to do until Randy finds the real "Lefty's lost largemouth post"...
18+ inches, estimated 3.5-4lbs
full of eggs
Way back in the creek, off a point, in flooded brush, 2-3' water depth
white spinnerbait

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I like this better than the original, at least I didn't melt the whole web server down. I believe it had something to to with the exorcism of the Lefty's Curse Of Catching Many Sticks.:D

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Good save Jeff!

Stuff happens... funny though, it's on the anniversary of the original Lefty Stick Smack down... hmmmmm... I smell conspiracy ;) sure that's not a photo shop trick??? :) Still odd though, server goes to **** in a handbasket when Kevin catches a fish..... hmmmmm...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yup, I like Jeff's rendition as well. I hadn't realized that catching that gal would upset folks enough to crash the site. To be honest, I hope they get over it !

Was it Forrest who offered to help me identify it the first time around, when I asked what species of stick that was? As I recall, we decided it was a "Diploma" -- I sure like the sound of that!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
ha ha ha ha... stick it to 'em Lefty! eerrr... ya know what I meant...

Hey, dont know where my one post went, but, mighty fine job on that bass Kevin in as tough of conditions that you were in.. the lake was pretty nasty and the wind was a "blowin". Good job!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
**** i still can't belive it.. first he catchs a poor speck in his backlash placing in a salty tourny.. then a BASS...???? so what did you do lefty hit it in the head tossin a stick back in and it floated up.???

lol

good job leftage..

zooker

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Okay. Maybe it was option 2. The pic hasn't damaged the site yet.

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thumbs up on the vertical pic that Kelley posted. As the photographer, I was trying to get more of the straight-armed, perspective pic to make the fish more prominent, but that was a bigger chore than we could manage while spinning & bouncing on our kayaks in the wind.

Also, the pics were taken with Lefty's camera (cannon a520 I think), while protected by a waterproof camera bag. I'm very impressed with the pics it takes, despite my own limitations as a photographer.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yup, it's a Canon A520, 4.1 MP, in an Aquapac bag. Very impressed with the results through the bag -- I was quite skeptical, but once you get the lens of the camera pretty much pressed up against the lens of the bag (ain't gotta be tight, just try a little bit) it seems to do pretty well. A little awkward but a whole lot less awkward than trying to explain to my wife how I lost the camera. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.