NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This my wife, who was a Hospice nurse for ten years and cared for several ALS Patients. ALS or Lou Gehrig Disease affects so many people and their families. Let's all remember them in our prayers.

"I was issued the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge by my friend Amy Adams Mackey to bring awareness to this dreadful disease that affects so many people and their families. I am issuing the challenge to Angie, Joe-Ang Davis who was my partner in hospice, to my girls Kendall & Jamie who were hospice volunteers and, last but not least to a special friend who's family was forever changed by ALS, Mary Ann Carlin. You all have 24 hours to accept the challenge or donate $100 at www.alsa.org. #ALS #icebucketchallenge" Sharon Mathis aka Deeps Angel
[video=youtube_share;JTzVbwqkR9s]http://youtu.be/JTzVbwqkR9s[/video]

·
Registered
198 Posts
Amen to the above. I have a brother-in-law and sister-in-law with ALS. It is a cruel disease and researchers have very few answers to very basic questions about it. Thanks to all ice bucket folks and donors. It has brought lots of attention. The NC ALS Chapter is the Catfish Hunter Chapter and they are doing all they can to help those afflicted and get even more attention and $$$ for research. Most folks with ALS live 3-5 years after diagnosis and life goes downhill in a hurry for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts