NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking Yadkin, Dan or New. Would like to stay somewhere within an hour and a half from Winston. Have plenty of free time since I'm home for the summer, and this weekend or next would probably work well.

Just some ideas:

Yadkin:

Kerr Scott Tailwater - Smoot Park (6.7 Miles)

Shoals - Donnaha (6.8 Miles)

Huntsville/Shallowford - Tanglewood (10.8 Miles) This is a long one, but it's close to home and I'd like to check it out.

Dan:

Hanging Rock - Moratock Park (5.1 Miles)

Also want to do a New River trip, and I know there are a lot of guys on here who know it well. I've also had my eye on smaller flows like the Uwharrie, South Yadkin, or Haw.

Comment or shoot me a message and we'll get something going! Tons of water to try!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Internet scouting is not welcome. Some guys still believe it's something you earn through hard knocks.
I think asking if anyone would like to meet up for a float is perfectly welcomed and ENCOURAGED on a fishing forum. I didn't ask for tips or honey holes, I asked if anyone wanted to meet up with me. Meeting up for floats is one of the things that has made this site so great for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hard knocks." I get out and fish on my own pretty frequently when I get the chance. I'm sorry my dad or friends aren't too interested in fishing and I turn to a fishing forum for help sometimes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Don't worry about those fellas downing your float trips plans/ideas. Your right getting on the water, fishing and meeting others is what a forum and fishing is all about. They are just alittle frustrated that you posted putin /takeouts for a couple of there fav fishing holes on your initial post. But, your right there is tons of fishable water throughout our beautiful state, no reason for being rude about it... If your ever up in the Mnt's let me know and we can fish the French or Pigeon... Good luck finding some fish the next few weeks... Darn I miss College breaks!! Reality sucks...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words. They're public access points and pretty well documented, not secrets by any stretch, but I guess even the mere mention is enough to get some people worked up.

I would love to get out there sometimes and really enjoy reading your posts!

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Some of us are floating from Kerr Scott to Smoot Park Sunday. Probably going to gather at the Yadkin Canoe Trail Access below Kerr Scott Dam around 8:00 if anyone wants to join us. We will work out shuttle details then.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Not sure about how it would work out from Gatlinburg, but Whitewater (Post #12) does guided wading trips on the Pigeon in NC.

I have never fished the Pigeon, but the wild trout in the Park are catchable, (I was able to fool a couple myself) but they are lightening quick and moderately easy to spook. I am sworn to secrecy on some of what I was shown by the guy that I was fishing with in the park, but if your interested send me a PM and I will share what general knowledge that I picked up.

Darrell

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Some of us are floating from Kerr Scott to Smoot Park Sunday. Probably going to gather at the Yadkin Canoe Trail Access below Ker Scott Dam around 8:00 if anyone wants to join us. We will work out shuttle details then.

Darrell
To bad it's such a drive to do a back and forth. Or is that forth and back?

mikeski

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Your welcome WhiteWater, I have been reading the posts and watching the videos, and have complete confidence you would be a great bet for finding fish. If I ever go back down to south Fla. and the Keys again I plan on picking your brain before making the trip.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Some of us are floating from Kerr Scott to Smoot Park Sunday. Probably going to gather at the Yadkin Canoe Trail Access below Kerr Scott Dam around 8:00 if anyone wants to join us. We will work out shuttle details then.

Darrell
Lets try to meet at the Kerr Scott Access Tail Water Park 36° 8’ 9” N, 81° 13’ 22” W (36.1358, -81.2227) around ) 7:30/7:45

Darrell

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.