NC Angler Forums banner

WHEN WILL WE DO OUR NEXT MEET N GREET NEAR ORIENTAL NC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like Bay River Campground will be the place, so let's decide on a date so I can make sure they have the availablity we need. Some have mentioned September some August.
Here is the link for the campground if you want to look it over or call and ask specific questions. Be sure to mention Red X Anglers if you do and talk to Frank or Christine. They are going to give us a discount if we get several that want to use the place.
New Page 1

If Sept is the popular choice we will do a new poll for dates in Sept. Please only vote if you are serious about attending...
POLL WILL RUN FOR 6 DAYS ENDING WEDNESDAY JULY 14TH

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
We'll be fishing king tournaments in August so September works better. Also, hopefully we can have a photo-op with an ol' drum in September.

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
332 Posts
that camp ground looks like a good place ,for all the vets or active duty guys/and gals remember recration on base rents campers threw MCCS. I will be looking into renting a camper once a date is figured out for the trip.once I get pricing I will post prices on the thread if folks don't mind.Looking forward to this outing even more if I can get on a OLE DRUM

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
active military also gets free tent site. Tents only.

Reactions: redbeards85

·
Red X Angler
993 Posts
Thanks Sundrop for doing the recon on that area, looks good to me but I'm thinking we'll be still having hot weather on into August. I don't do hot when it comes to sleeping, fishing I can handle but now if someone wants to just get together for the day and do some fishing I'm game for that. I have cast my vote and Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Yeah, I think for tent campers, September will be better.

That should be prime hurricane season!

Hopefully, we'll be able to join you guys this time. I need to catch anything other than a catfish, which is about all that's biting in Lake Norman in this heat (at least for me)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well not looking good so far for August and Im getting messages about events already planned for Sept. This might be a mini meet n greet ....

Reactions: DownEastFisherman

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Mrs RouseD and my aniversary is on the 11th of Sept. I voted for sept, but if the 11th is the decided date, I will hopefully make the next event.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Looks like the weekend of the 11th is out with the MAD event and all. I know that we are all dying to see each others smiling faces :D but we should wait until late September for the following reasons.

Saltwater around Oriental

1) The old drum run should be in full swing good shot at a 40+ drum even in the daytime.

2) Puppy Drum, Flounder, Black Drum, and Speckled trout (if they didnt all die off this past winter) Should be chewing in the marsh.

3) Stripers should be availible close to New Bern

4) Spots should be kicking off their migration out of the sounds.

5) The weather should have cooled down, hotel prices will be in full post Labor day decline, everywhere will be less crowded.

·
Registered
665 Posts
y not do both? a mini in august for whoever can make it and a larger one in septeber? If anyones around Jacksonville i can fish most of the times on saturday without the wife complaining.... usually get 1 day a weekend. :) just send me a PM and ill show up if i can

Reactions: saltwaterpete

·
Red X Angler
993 Posts
Sept 18 is not good for me, my daughters getting married that saturday. Praise the LORD, If we go in sept probably what you'll have to do Sundrop is post all the weekends and then let everyone check their calendar and then vote like we did on the last meet and greet. Appreciate all the hard work you do for the group.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok we need more votes or I dont want any whining...lol Speak up gang 150+ members and only 21 votes?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Awright! I like the way you think. If no one else -- lets just do it. What works for you? I don't have much of a schedule.

·
Registered
665 Posts
150 members but i have only ever seen 40-50 active at one time.... some of our newer members hvent' even stopped in to say hi or anything.

·
Registered
392 Posts
just my 1 cents worth. i work every other weekend so depends on the dates if i can attend. was able to make the last one cause it fell on my weekend off. glad to meet who was there. i will vote the 21st because im off that weekend. hope to make it. waiting most times gets you no where. we always wait for sept. or cooler weather and then the fish still don't bite. so if we all want to get together, lets do it.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok looks like its gonna be a September thing so Ill start a new thread. meanwhile if anyone wants to do a "mini meet" Im open for ideas...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts