NC Angler Forums banner

Lime nucanoe frontier

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  lostnwilderness 
#1 ·
The older I get the more I hate to spend money. Figured "What the heck I won't live forever" so I placed an order through Outdoor Supply Company in Hickory for a Lime Nucanoe Frontier. Guess it's time to open a new can-o-worms. I'm heading to Kerr Scott next week taking my nephew,his son and son's friend along with my youngest boy, who is no longer a boy,"I'm gettin' old". We'll be two kayaks short so I guess I'll polish my bank fishin' skills with my flyrod. I should've ordered that boat a few weeks back.

#3 ·
Seems like everyone who has gotten a Nucanoe has good things to say about them. The stable platform is really appealing and the rear motor mount for an electric trolling or small gas motor makes for a versatile boat.

#6 ·
I now have an older WS Ride so I know heavy. I looked at a lot of kayaks,Slayer,Native Ultimate FX, Jackson kayaks etc. They are all great boats but the fact that I can rig the Frontier for solo or tandem plus the fact that I'm getting older and you'll find as you age your balance starts to suffer. Being able to put an elevated seat makes transition from sitting to standing on the water a lot easier. If I get wet it will be because I fell out not because the boat turtled. I know the biggest knock on the boat is it's slow because of the bulk but speed has never been a concern for me. If it starts to bother me it's an easy transition to the dark side ie trolling motor,gas outboard. The reason I started kayaking was to get away from mechanical things that can and will fail when you least expect it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.