NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only had about 1 our yesterday so headed out with a brand new Diminiki buzz bait. Decided to start off with the spook however and second cast BAM fish on. Fish hit pretty close to shore 15 - 25 feet/ Had both sets of hooks in it one in mouth other underneath. Mouth hooks came out easy but body hook took a little plier action. Returned fish to the water and off it swam.

Switched over to the buzz bait after wrist got tired and about 6th cats I get a swipe and miss, tossed in senk but no luck. By this time its about 915 getting dark a few cats later BAM this one in the picture hit about 5 feet in. Lots of flopping and jumping but solidly hooked. One thing about the MTB I never need a trailer very few misses and hook set is usually solid since fish just nails it,

Moved into a tighter area and will always remember the lesson of do not throw toward and along trees when its getting really dark. I tossed thinking I was under the limbs but a little to much toss and next thing I know my lure is stuck in the trees and now lost.

Put on another Diminiki with clacker and three casy later another 1 pounder on.

3 fish in one hour not bad. Left about 930 since action shut off completely no blow ups or strikes.

Attachments

Reactions: Abert43

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Spidey, I was getting worried. You are a regular poster here on bank fishing and I haven't seen anything much from you lately. Last post you were saying how the bite was off. My bites have come to a screeching halt in the ponds I've been fishing. Last couple times out I've only managed a fish or two each time and this morning nada. I only stayed about an hour or so but could only manage 1 hit on a small fluke. The bite may be off but it doesn't prevent me from trying. The pond I fish is in the middle of some soybean fields and so I get to watch the geese and ducks working at least and every now and then a turkey or two.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nice job Jim. It's good to hear you were getting some to bite as slow as it's been! I'm going to buy one of those buzz baits you use and see what I think. I feel your pain on the trees at night...my last buzz bait is still about 15ft in the air on Falls from when we went a couple days ago. I'm going to check out a couple ponds in the area in the next week or two that I don't think are fished a lot and see if I have better luck in one. I'll let you know if I find a good one. I'm thinking a good pond might be better until we can get a little more oxygen in the water.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are damiki MTB buzz baits. Yeah tarheelfishing88 I think one of. Y brand new ones is hanging in the tree at the lake. May go look later today to see if I can find it. So now I have lost two of them on successive nights one in the rocks at falls and the other in the trees nearby me.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Spidey, I was getting worried. You are a regular poster here on bank fishing and I haven't seen anything much from you lately. Last post you were saying how the bite was off. My bites have come to a screeching halt in the ponds I've been fishing. Last couple times out I've only managed a fish or two each time and this morning nada. I only stayed about an hour or so but could only manage 1 hit on a small fluke. The bite may be off but it doesn't prevent me from trying. The pond I fish is in the middle of some soybean fields and so I get to watch the geese and ducks working at least and every now and then a turkey or two.
O2levels are down in many of the lakes so bite is slow from the banks. I keep trying but have also had stuff around house getting in the way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts