NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried these new line conditioners that I,m reading about?I am an old school guy and some of these new products and gadgets make me think I may be throwing good money away. Anyway, being old ,ugly and retired : I got nuthin' better to do. I've got some of the stuff comin'. I'll let you know how it works out.

See Ya!

Shaw5001

·
Registered
258 Posts
YES! I have used Reel Magic and it has its place. Respooling it help the line go on smoother. Spray it on jig or spinner bait skirts keeps them from tangling. When tying knots helps the line slide easier. If you get a backlash it seems to make it easier to get them out. When I lived up north and fished in COLD weather I started using it to keep the line guides from freezing.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Terrible question, but what are the advantages of reel magic? How are you able to achieve further casts and if you can how noticeable is it? My biggest gripe w/ mono is of course memory, when I've taken out a lot of line to either fix a backlash, tie a rig, ect. the line can sometimes become tangled in a knot just by coiling up on itself. So does this stuff assist with reducing the memory? Next time I should just buy the suffix elite or braid and pay alittle extra, although I do love my yo-zuri hybrid.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
It claims to relax mono lines - can't say for sure how well it does. It clearly lubricates braided lines, smoothing the frayed outside "skin" and causing it to come off the reel and through the guides quieter and faster. The effects last for at least an hour, if not more. I can see how the lubricating effect would reduce friction points that can cause mono twist and give similar benefits to casting distance. But I'm pretty sure you won't be watching your mono spring itself right off the spool as it loses its memory.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Guys,

Received my line conditioner today and Unspooled two reels of flouracarbon and one of mono and one braid and then respooled all giving them the treatment. I'm using Line and lure treatment endorsed by KVD. It's gotta be good ,Right! I'll let you know how it works. I don't fight the crowds on the weekend but I'll be on the water sometime this week to give it the old and ugly fisherman test.

See Ya'll
Shaw5001

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.