NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy`s , the wife and I went up to our property to check on the progress of the cabin that were having built and decided to spend the night in linville falls. I awakened to rain.Not a hard rain but just enough to catch another hour or so of sleep. We arrived at the river about 7:00 and hiked to a pool that we fish often,cause at the parking areas there was no room at the inn so to speak.We promptly caught several small browns at mid pool and several decent fish and one 16 incher on the flyrod.kept 8 enough for dinner tonight........mark

·
Registered
186 Posts
i was wondering if you could help me out with a location on that river . I fished that river last october off of the blue ridge where the camper site is and had no luck. If you know what spot im talkin about is that a good spot or should i be going somewhere else.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Surf, You were in the right area.ANY spot can be good at the right time.If you can picture the parking lot right before the campground. walk across the bridge ,go down to the river,head up stream ,you`ll come to a deep pool.Fish the head of the pool down stream with a weighted wooley bugger SLOWLY. hope this helps.....mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.