NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my neighbor and I got on the drum for a little while this past week on Thursday morning I had 3 blow ups and 2 hook ups on top water, zara spook, the 2nd hook up decided he was going to Swansboro after a little slack move on the line and when he pulled to go, he straightened out 2 of the hooks on the spook, my neighbor finally put one in the boat for supper, then the rains came and messed the river up for most of the weekend, i did talk to a yaker and his wife, she caught her first red and it was 29 just out of the slot so congrats the her.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for the report. I only tried early yesterday morning - about 6 am to 7:30 on the oyster rocks - with a buddy who had not fished there before. We were alone so I guess word got out that the rain washed everything out or something. Did not get even a sniff on topwater though there was something crashing bait around. Last time out 2 weeks ago was pretty good. Will probably try again this weekend.

Reactions: JTruckner

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glad to see you got on some fish but you gotta replace those stock spook hooks. It's bad enough losing the reds but when you miss a monster trout you'll never forgive yourself. VMC trebles are the way to go for mirrolures and spooks. I'm yet to have one even start to bend and they dont rust very much either.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to see you got on some fish but you gotta replace those stock spook hooks. It's bad enough losing the reds but when you miss a monster trout you'll never forgive yourself. VMC trebles are the way to go for mirrolures and spooks. I'm yet to have one even start to bend and they dont rust very much either.
ive read on here that some people take maybe one set off spooks, which one and also where do you buy those replacements

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.