NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in fishing this Lake this spring and summer for crappie. I have heard there is some great crappie fishjing there. I know they charge to fish there but has anyone fished there in the past few years? Where are good places to fish on this lake ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Don't bother! They rent you old dead batteries and low power trolling motors and won't let you bring your own motor and when even a little wind gets up you are stuck with a dead battery or blown across the lake. It's got decent fishing but is not worth the crazy high prices they charge for boat and motor ( like 40 bucks!) and it's an exercise in frustration. They need to let people bring their own motors and just inspect for hydrilla and dunk in a bucket of Clorox.

·
Registered
119 Posts
good to know thanks. I didnt realize you couldnt bring your own motor.
Also, i'm checking out the pricing online right now, for non resident it looks like $27 for only a 6 hour rental! I dont know about anybody else but if I'm taking the day off work and spending some money, i will be there open to close

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If you rent boat motor and battery and don't live in Durham you might as well hire a guide on Falls Lake for what they charge! Five of those six hours will be rowing after the gear fails. If you don't make it back before they close they lock you in and call the sheriff to write you a ticket. There's no power boat to come get the stranded renters. It's a moronic set up.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Thanks steve .

The lake isn't that bad . Although steve did not miss lead you on the gear . I suggest if you are interested in fishing it give it a try . It is an under fished lake . Because of the stupid setup. If you apply yourself and what is know about current conditions you can be successful and if you do venture to the areaters in the summer it is a good place

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.