NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took the kid to trout fish the tuckaseegee yesterday, water was higher than normal but the stocked brookies and several holdover browns really liked the rapala countdowns we were using. two were pretty decent, around 15-16 inches, lost one that was almost 20. after a couple of hours of the near freezing water, my son informs me that if I want keep fishing I will have to do it alone:( we drive to the little tennessee for some warmer water and to see if the smallmouth are as willing as the trout to eat a rapala. Day was pretty uneventful except the part where he almost drowns us both trying to get his lure free in a deep hole. he started to panic when the current took him over his head, I grabbed him, but he wouldn't let go of his rod, so I'm trying to pull him and this log out of the river. (We figure Mom doesn't need to know about this one):eek: I pull him out and he is more worried about losing his rod than swimming with the fishes. finally did find the rod where the hole turns shallow, but monday were orderind him some s.o.spenders from cabelas if he is going to pull these stunts.:p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.