NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had one of those days where it just fealt like every customer I talked to had lit something on fire. Of course I as well left my fire extinguisher miles away. So by the time I finished stamping out the flames barefooted, it was time to do a little damage. Dinks were all but several of these guys were willing to play with the KVD 1.0 in Sexy Shad. "Local Flow" is starting to get very chilly and I kinda regret the wade in short pants today.

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
Nice job! Be careful about wading in colder water like that for long.....it ain't fun when those legs cramp up.....especially if you have to climb banks and walk a distance to your vehicle! I've been there....no good.

Papadave, I agree. I actually think anything that lives in a flow pulls a lot harder than a fish in still waters....

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've been crossing all kinds of local flows in my recent work travels and they all look sooooo good. Water temp is likely around 60 near the fall line. I'm hoping for another solid month before it drops below 50. This is the time of year and conditions when big riverbass can be easily caught.

Nice fishes!

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
I've been crossing all kinds of local flows in my recent work travels and they all look sooooo good.
I agree completely. I hate shorter days......if everything works out on purchasing this second house I'll be within minutes of at least 4 kayakable/wadable flows....I'll likely see most these waters on a daily basis...I'll be even closer than I am now!

Sent from my kayak...

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Nice job, Gene. I caught several smaller than that my last trip to Belews, but dinks are still way more fun than skunks!

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice job! Be careful about wading in colder water like that for long.....it ain't fun when those legs cramp up.....especially if you have to climb banks and walk a distance to your vehicle! I've been there....no good.

Papadave, I agree. I actually think anything that lives in a flow pulls a lot harder than a fish in still waters....

Sent from my kayak...
Norman Maclean has a good quote about wading in cold water:

"... as fly fishermen we would be waist deep in cold water all day, where immorality is faced with some real but, as it turned out, not insurmountable problems."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.