NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually a couple of questions; Do live shrimp and finger mullet behave nicely together in a live well? I've also heard that live shrimp need something to cling to in the well. What type of media is suggested for that?

Thanks,

Mike C.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
One trick to helpin keep shrimp alive a little longer (couple days in a live well), is to drop in a small frozen block of water. I use 1 or 2 litre frozen bottles of water for a 35 gal live well as example.

This slows down the shrimps activity, but doesnt kill them, they'll stay alive alot longer and will be more than active once they get thrown in the water and thaw within a minute or so! ;)

Cast out and hold on! Be safe if goin out guys.. weather doesnt look too favorable... catch'em up!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dave, I've heard that you can put them in suspended animation by placing some paper on ice and laying them on the paper. They don't even have to be in the water. As long as they don't contact the ice directly they'll be ok over the weekend. I like your idea better though... less to deal with.

Thanks!

Mike C.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.