NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got back to NC for some saltwater fishing. I'll be in town the week of 8/12 through 8/19 and was planning to fish some of the live reefs. Does anyone have GPS coordinates for these out of Bogue Inlet?

Also we're planning to head to AR 342. Anyone know if they're having luck there or not?

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
I don't fish up that way much so I'm not sure how AR 342 has been lately. I don't have much in the way of co-ordinates east or NE of BI. But I'm sending you a PM with some to the south in the 12-14 miles range (ones we fish out of NRI), hope that helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Topsail Angler.

Thanks for the info. I noted them for future use. We hit the AR's out of Bogue and Beaufort Inlets the past 2 days. I don't remember the numbers (Don't have my chart in front of me), but we didn't do too bad. AR at Bogue inlet produced a grouper, triggerfish and large spanish mackeral along with a few small flounder. AR at Beaufort Inlet produced a couple of spanish, dolphin and virginia mullet. Unfortunately, the sharks and lizardfish were in abundance. Yesterday at Beaufort AR, the water was boiling with spanish mackeral all day long. Our Clark spoons were too big compared to the bait they were eating, so we didn't exactly fill the cooler.

Oh well. I'm finishing up the morning coffee and headed out for another day of fishing. We'll speak to you later.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Spotty near shore but in 70' plus the bottom fishing has been excellent. The gag grouper are moving in to that depth for the summer spawn and the black bass are all over the place. Dolphin and king have been slow this week but I saw some nice Spanish being filleted yesterday.

How did you do today?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thursday we did some fresh water fishing in the Trent River near Pollocksville. Ended up with 22 fish. Bream, robins, jack, bass, catfish, gargalye and raccoon perch. It was a catch and release day, so we came home happy and with an empty cooler.

Today, the 20 mph winds prevented us from hitting the AR's, so we spent the day on the beach with family. Ended up getting 2 hours of surf fishing in and landed 2 nice pompano and 2 nice Virginia mullet. Not a bad day considering the conditions. I was hoping to get some flounder gigging in, but I don't think the winds are going to cooperate. Saturday, we'll play it by ear. May end up doing more surf fishing.

How about you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.