NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article about these recently, and I was wondering if anyone here has tried them? The "Howler" they make supposedly won the classic last year. Rattles and different sounds definitely attract fish at times so something that makes actual bait sounds seems like a sound concept. They're a little pricey for crankbaits so I figured I'd see if anyone has tried them before I invest the money in any.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
I have listened to them, just take it out of the package, wet thumb and index finger and touch the two hook rings to complete the circuit. You will hear the chirping sound. Also some of them have a clear end, that part will light up along with the chirp.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
If a little bit of noise and flashing light builds your confidence in it, get some. You still have to find the fish and put it in front of them, if you can do that, the clicking sound probably wont matter. I have yet to find a Livingston floating or hung in a tree so it must be not alot of people throw them, Strike Kings and Fat free shad on the other hand...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I want to try BOING lures. They have a spring inside that makes the sound. But still pricey for my tastes right now http://boinglures.net/

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not real happy with them right now. Placed order....got CHARGED ....and just got off the phone after finding out my order is on back order.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. I like trying things that are a little different especially in the heavier pressured waters that I fish. I might have to give one a shot and see how I like it.
Just don't fish my lakes anymore �� one less guy pressuring them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.