NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Local Flow"

What'd you do turn around and take 3 pictures of the same fish?:D Nice work man, looks like you had a good day.
You got me! The second and third fish were consecutive casts from the same hole. First and second fish were 4-15 and 4-3 and the third fish was 2-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now we know that you fish a local flow with a concrete bridge and tress on the bank. You going to get put on the bad list Gene. Great fishes, and Cool glasses BTW

Darrell
Darrell this spot is no secret. Matter of fact I've told many an NCAngler about this particular stretch of the "Local Flow". I'll tell just about anyone about this spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice Fish FF! I have fished HPCL several times recently as a new discovery. I love it. Haven't had the best of luck as of late with the heat but still have some fish to show for it. Lately c rig and t rig have been the only working set ups for me. I have also fished several other lakes in the area and none seem to be as productive as this one. Thanks for all your sharing and hope to see you on the lake sometime.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave1908

I dont fish lakes much. Mainly when Surfrider or Jerry Condrey invite me to Randleman or HPCL. Ill hit my local lake Lucas up every once in a while. My poison is rivers, I cant stand to not fish moving water.

I will tell you this and Jerry may attest as well, them High Point fish don't mind the heat. Get yourself some Zoom Finesse Worms in white or bubble gum and throw them up in the grass and twitch them weightless all the way back to the boat, you will catch fish, and you'll catch fish at noon in 95 degree temps with that rig.

Gene - Red > < - Asheboro

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
True, Gene. Last time we went, Matt and I got skunked, but that's rare for me there. It happens. I have caught bass there in 18 inches of water on floating worms when the water temp was 85 degrees. Just look for shady pockets and lob the worm in the grass, just twitch it back to ya. Chances are good it'll never make it back to the boat.
Right now some are being caught in deeper water, however. Wacky rigged Zoom mag trick and mag finesse worms doing most of the damage.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Last two trips to HPCL, Dave... I found fish in the wood hitting creature baits on either a shakey head or a heavy bullet weight T-rig. Some of the trees are subtle but if they face the main lake and have branches in 4 or more feet of water, and especially if they have those bulbous growths on them, flip your soft plastic of choice down in those branches and flick it up and down for 10 to 15 seconds each pitch. I like Berkley Havoc Pit Boss in green pumpkin, myself. I had to use heavy line and had to change leaders several times after sawing back and forth across the limbs, and sometimes it was the 4th or 5th pitch that got the bite, but I pulled some nice pigs out doing that the last two times I was there (which was I think in early July during the 'heat wave').

My fishing time is going to be limited in the next month or two, but one day maybe we can meet up out there. I like City Lake.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.