NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday, around 5-6 PM, we decided to set up shop for catfishing at the Lochmere Dock Lake in Cary. This is a local lake for the people I fish with and myself, so it's very convenient. Although, I have seen a number of large catfish pulled from that lake, yesterday we had an unexpected great catch on pre-molded, Wal-Mart brand stink bait. Hardly do we catch anything on stink down there, at least anything of remarkable size. That's the only bait we had on hand, and we gave up looking for the cast net back home, so we just went with what we had.

Anyways, the channel catfish was 21 inches in length, and we were unable to get an accurate weight measurement because he kicked too much on a very cheap scale... it was just too difficult, so we gave up on it.

I wish I had a picture to show you all.

Anyways, later today, we'll probably be out there. And I know some of you all know the rule regarding that lake. "Lochmere Lakes are only permitted to the residents of Lochmere and their guests."

Yeah... I think it's a really stupid rule, however it was put in place because trouble makers would trash it and ruin property nearby. There's a boat ramp there, too, if you want to put a boat in. However, it's trolling motors only.

About the guest thing, just look for me when we're out there. I'm always wearing my purple and yellow (mostly purple) East Carolina hat. Just let me know you're from the NC Angler forum if you're trying to fish that area, and if anyone asks I will just say you're my guest. I'm just saying it now because I have had a few phone calls and PMs about fishing in the area down there. I guess this is more of an open "come if you want to" kinda deal as opposed to a preset date and schedule.

Anyways, if you have questions of how to get there, my cell is 919.656.1605.

Let's see if I can add a map or something to this thread...

Well I guess I can't for some reason. I tried using Google Maps. If anyone could tell me how to post a link with an address and let it automatically connect to google maps to show a map of the specified street address, that'd be great.

I guess for the mean time, if you're trying to look up the region, find the intersection of: Lochmere Drive & Lavewood Lane in Cary, NC 27518.

There's a circle pavement right next to the boat ramp and docks so it's a place to park.

I don't know what time we'll be out there today, so if you're iffy about it, I guess call me... It'll probably be 3ish or later in the afternoon.

Anywho, have a good day all!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I do"nt fish there ,but thank you.Thats a real nice thing to do.Arojek4 the anglers I have met on here are very good people.:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well I guess I can't for some reason. I tried using Google Maps. If anyone could tell me how to post a link with an address and let it automatically connect to google maps to show a map of the specified street address, that'd be great.
In the top-right of the map, you will see a button that says Link. Click on that, and a drop-down will appear that will allow you to copy a direct link to what you are currently looking at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone ever gotten called out on that? I have never been asked in the 3 or 4 years I have been fishing lochmere. Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My x girlfriends parents live out there and one day just messing around i caught like 9 huge catfish in less than an hr! That was like 7 years ago and off of there private dock. Now that im into fishing i could not wait to go back the first night not one bite but i did not give up tonight was my second night and i only had 2 bites 1 was a MONSTER CAT THAT PULLED MY HOOK OFF! i don't know how much he would have weighed but it would have come well up to my thigh! he was a monster! i stayed for an hr later and still no bits lol i probably wont go back... where is a good safe place to catch catfish in raleigh at night or even the day "safety not needed in the day lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
So yesterday, around 5-6 PM, we decided to set up shop for catfishing at the Lochmere Dock Lake in Cary. This is a local lake for the people I fish with and myself, so it's very convenient. Although, I have seen a number of large catfish pulled from that lake, yesterday we had an unexpected great catch on pre-molded, Wal-Mart brand stink bait. Hardly do we catch anything on stink down there, at least anything of remarkable size. That's the only bait we had on hand, and we gave up looking for the cast net back home, so we just went with what we had.

Anyways, the channel catfish was 21 inches in length, and we were unable to get an accurate weight measurement because he kicked too much on a very cheap scale... it was just too difficult, so we gave up on it.

I wish I had a picture to show you all.

Anyways, later today, we'll probably be out there. And I know some of you all know the rule regarding that lake. "Lochmere Lakes are only permitted to the residents of Lochmere and their guests."

Yeah... I think it's a really stupid rule, however it was put in place because trouble makers would trash it and ruin property nearby. There's a boat ramp there, too, if you want to put a boat in. However, it's trolling motors only.

About the guest thing, just look for me when we're out there. I'm always wearing my purple and yellow (mostly purple) East Carolina hat. Just let me know you're from the NC Angler forum if you're trying to fish that area, and if anyone asks I will just say you're my guest. I'm just saying it now because I have had a few phone calls and PMs about fishing in the area down there. I guess this is more of an open "come if you want to" kinda deal as opposed to a preset date and schedule.

Anyways, if you have questions of how to get there, my cell is 919.656.1605.

Let's see if I can add a map or something to this thread...

I guess for the mean time, if you're trying to look up the region, find the intersection of: Lochmere Drive & Lavewood Lane in Cary, NC 27518.

There's a circle pavement right next to the boat ramp and docks so it's a place to park.

I don't know what time we'll be out there today, so if you're iffy about it, I guess call me... It'll probably be 3ish or later in the afternoon.

Anywho, have a good day all!
The HOA has decided to crack down on this. Working with Cary Police, non-residents are def going to be cited for trespassing - do you want a criminal record?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts