NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great for a lot of bass fishing and occasional catfishing. I've heard a few stripers being caught over there, although never caught one myself to attest to it.

It's free to launch, given that you are guest of someone in the area. It's not really enforced though... However they have limits on certain things, like you can only use a trolling motor. I think that's the only big thing. It closes as soon as the sun sets, and cops do go out there to check it out from time to time, so I wouldn't stick around a lot. You used to be allowed to stay out all night, but because mischievous kids, they've revoked that.

From the Cary Parkway exit, head in the direction towards Tryon Road, but pass it and turn right onto Lochmere Drive at the light. Follow it down for a while, and it'll be on your right. It should be the first lake you see. The second lake is a path-walk-around lake with no boat access.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please be advised that Lochmere Lake is private property not open to the public at any time. Use of the lake, dock area and boat ramp is limited to Lochmere residents and their accompanied guests. Any non-resident who is unaccompanied by a Lochmere resident is trespassing.

Any boat in the water must have a Lochmere boat sticker which is only available to residents.

New signs have been placed to make the rules and restrictions clear. The Cary Police Department are patrolling in the area and they will enforce the No Tresapssing rule.

Great for a lot of bass fishing and occasional catfishing. I've heard a few stripers being caught over there, although never caught one myself to attest to it.

It's free to launch, given that you are guest of someone in the area. It's not really enforced though... However they have limits on certain things, like you can only use a trolling motor. I think that's the only big thing. It closes as soon as the sun sets, and cops do go out there to check it out from time to time, so I wouldn't stick around a lot. You used to be allowed to stay out all night, but because mischievous kids, they've revoked that.

From the Cary Parkway exit, head in the direction towards Tryon Road, but pass it and turn right onto Lochmere Drive at the light. Follow it down for a while, and it'll be on your right. It should be the first lake you see. The second lake is a path-walk-around lake with no boat access.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well of course the invitation's closed now, since I'm in Greenville, but the sticker isn't required UNLESS it is a boat with a motor of some sort. Talked to a cop about it a while ago, with regards to a friend's canoe with a trollin' motor on the back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well of course the invitation's closed now, since I'm in Greenville, but the sticker isn't required UNLESS it is a boat with a motor of some sort. Talked to a cop about it a while ago, with regards to a friend's canoe with a trollin' motor on the back.
The HOA has decided to crack down on this. Working with Cary Police, non-residents are def going to be cited for trespassing - do you want a criminal record?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts