NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site but after reading a lot of your posts yesterday I thought I'd join. Im going to oak island next week and know the area pretty well. Is the fishing near Lockwood folly inlet been any good lately? I like fishing there when I go down,have caught some nice flounder and red drum there in the past. I surf/wade fish.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm new to this site but after reading a lot of your posts yesterday I thought I'd join. Im going to oak island next week and know the area pretty well. Is the fishing near Lockwood folly inlet been any good lately? I like fishing there when I go down,have caught some nice flounder and red drum there in the past. I surf/wade fish.
I was there last wk, lots of fishermen in the inlet. Don't have a report though.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
I live and grew up in the folly been fishing there since I was old enough to hold a pole. With that being said the flounder fishing has been the worst this year then i can remember. It has absolutely been horrible. With the way they dredged that inlet this past year it has screwed up everything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live and grew up in the folly been fishing there since I was old enough to hold a pole. With that being said the flounder fishing has been the worst this year then i can remember. It has absolutely been horrible. With the way they dredged that inlet this past year it has screwed up everything.
So where in the area do you suggest? Im only going for 4 days, I usually get on fish at the end of my stay be awesome to get on some quicker.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The closer you can get to Shallotte inlet or that way the better alot of solid fish are showing up there and also good trout.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Can't help you with that side of the river. I can help with who has the best sausage in Troutman. That would Cruses'. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't help you with that side of the river. I can help with who has the best sausage in Troutman. That would Cruses'. Welcome to the site.
They have the only sausage in Troutman. Thanks for the help,guess I'll start out near shallotte trout are always fun wife caught a 4lb 10 minutes after we starting fishing last year.

·
Registered
118 Posts

I fished shallotte before the rain hit I was on the water prob a total of a hour at most. I had my limit of trout all over 4 lbs and a few nice mid slot reds. Everything was caught on Britts Bucktail. The trout came off a mullet imitation Britts bucktail tipped with a mullet minnow and the drum came off a electric chicken britts bucktail tipped with a double curly tail worm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the post great catch hopefully this weather will get straightened out I'm coming down on Wednesday. We mostly CPR just keep enough for a dinner nothing like fresh caught fish. Any shrimp in the inlets?

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Can anyone suggest some good public places to fish near shallotte?
There is a public boat landing on Brick Landing Rd in Shallotte, next to it is roughly 100 yards of beach you can fish. That is the only one I know of in the area.

·
Registered
170 Posts

I fished shallotte before the rain hit I was on the water prob a total of a hour at most. I had my limit of trout all over 4 lbs and a few nice mid slot reds. Everything was caught on Britts Bucktail. The trout came off a mullet imitation Britts bucktail tipped with a mullet minnow and the drum came off a electric chicken britts bucktail tipped with a double curly tail worm
Fishing up Shallotte rivet or Inlet?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts