NC Angler Forums banner

Lockwood folly inlet

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Calabash513 
#1 ·
I'm new to this site but after reading a lot of your posts yesterday I thought I'd join. Im going to oak island next week and know the area pretty well. Is the fishing near Lockwood folly inlet been any good lately? I like fishing there when I go down,have caught some nice flounder and red drum there in the past. I surf/wade fish.

#5 ·
I live and grew up in the folly been fishing there since I was old enough to hold a pole. With that being said the flounder fishing has been the worst this year then i can remember. It has absolutely been horrible. With the way they dredged that inlet this past year it has screwed up everything.

#10 ·

I fished shallotte before the rain hit I was on the water prob a total of a hour at most. I had my limit of trout all over 4 lbs and a few nice mid slot reds. Everything was caught on Britts Bucktail. The trout came off a mullet imitation Britts bucktail tipped with a mullet minnow and the drum came off a electric chicken britts bucktail tipped with a double curly tail worm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.